08 November, 2009

inspirations

I'm so in love with museums!! I try and visit a museum at least once a month, and with all the amazing options near by like the Santa Barbara Museum of Art, the Getty and the LACMA i'm in heaven. Here are a few pieces I found inspirational in my recent museum ventures...


Francois-Joseph Navez, "The Massacre of the Innocents" viewed at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC



"Springtime" and "The Storm", both by Pierre-Auguste Cot. Also seen at the Met, absolutely breathtaking in real life. The paintings are huge, probably 6 feet tall maybe even more and the light and color and emotion all amaze me!


This is Alberto Giacometti among his work, I viewed a few of his sculptures at the LACMA a few weeks ago and they are so amazing and haunting in person, it re-taught me the power of simplicity.


I can't really explain why, but i'm really drawn to art like this as well. A friend and I were trying to figure out the appeal when i saw this at LACMA and couldn't look away..

[click to view larger]

No comments:

Post a Comment