Here's some shots from a session with a lovely lady named Honey i met on model mayhem, i really like how they came out i was going for something earthy and simple, because that's what she wanted! Turns out we are actually soul mates and are going to hang out all the time now :)
things are going so well! i got a job at Urban Outfitters which is very exciting because i love that store and the people i work with seem really cool. my main goal in getting a job that isn't photography related is to bring some balance to my life. i've been feeling like my life is all photography all the time and i just feel like it will be refreshing to hang out with people who DONT go to brooks and to make some money will be nice too! so far the job is going wonderfully i went out with some co-workers last night and had a lot of fun :) the real trouble is going to be when my employee discount card gets here... 40% off!!!!!!!!
in other news, i've started to get booked up for real paying jobs which is very exciting as well! here are some shots from a shoot i did with two girls last sunday, they saw the pics i took of emma and sami and wanted to hire me to take some of them together! i'm also shooting a wedding this summer in WA which is very exciting as well.
i'm pretty stoked about life right now :) i have been shooting like a madwoman and am really pleased with how everything is turning out! especially my shoot with ashley yesterday i must say i am still buzzing off how good those came out. I'm FINALLY realizing how to use light and it's making a huge difference in the quality of my work.
Also, since the original intention of creating this blog was not to just dump my pictures, here are some random facts about myself you may not know, so that you get to know me just a little bit better :)
1. i have a hard lump in my left arm right by the inside of my elbow right beneath the skin that is roughly the size of a jelly bean. i have no idea what it is or where it came from!
2. I keep a post-it note over the webcam lens on my iMac screen because i am convinced that people can hack into them via the internet and watch me dance around my house in my underwear.
3. I currently own 8 cameras.
4. I have been in love (well, i thought i was) a total of two times. And deeply regret both of them.
5. When i was younger, i was a reading FREAK. Like, i would read entire books in one day and stay up all night reading. I will always love books.
6. I have three little birds, sunny, meadow and reef. They are freaks, but i love them.
I had a random idea to wrap a model's head in this mesh black fabric i bought a few months ago, so I asked my friend Ashley DePencier to come into the studio and test for me and the shots came out GREAT! I lit her using only a beauty dish (my latest lighting obsession) and an umbrella for fill. Enjoy :)
I did a shoot at my friend Mick Lestrade's home in the Santa Barbara Hills this last week with my friend Isabelle, and i absolutely love the way the pics came out! I've been playing a lot with raw sunlight right now, I'm trying to master flash fill so that it looks more natural. I've really been loving on-location shoots lately :)